Looking for some insanely good cookies with some immune boosting benefits?
Look no further than these superfood "Oreo" cookies.
PREP: 30 Minutes
Ready in 8-12 hours. (It's worth it...)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked and dehydrated
- 1 cup raw almonds, and dehydrated
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4-1/3 cup coconut sugar or low glycemic sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. THRIVE 6
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp mineral salt
- 24 drops Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
FOR THE ICING:
- 1 stick vegan butter or grass-fed butter or 1 cup coconut butter,
- 1/2 cup coconut oil,
- 1/4 cup cacao butter, melted,
- 1/4 cup honey or sweetener of choice,
- 1/4-1/2 tsp mineral salt,
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- To make cookies, grind almonds and sunflower seeds into a fine powder. Add in remaining ingredients (except flax) & process until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl & stir in flax until well combined.Transfer 1/2 dough to a dehydrator sheet and place another sheet on top. Roll out with a rolling pin. You may need to refrigerator batter for a 1 hour (or overnight) so it is easier to roll.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out cookies.
- Dehydrate overnight, take off the sheet & dehydrate again for another 4 hours.*You could also bake at 325. Be sure to freeze the dough after cutting if you are going to bake these cookies. This will ensure cookies will have a crunch and not burn.
- Meanwhile, combine all icing ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Let set in the fridge for an hour or until slightly hard. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe on cooled cookies. Enjoy!
-share this recipe-