I'll admit, I'm not much of a cook.
I do a much better job at growing mushrooms than figuring out what to do with them in the kitchen.
Luckily, Tegan knows a thing or two about how to make a tasty meal. Check out these delicious Oyster Mushroom Souffle Bowls.
Oyster Mushroom Souffle
2 cups torn oyster mushrooms
1 large clove garlic minced
1/4 cup butter plus extra for greasing
1/2 cup flour (all purpose or gluten free)
1-1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup monteray jack cheese grated or cubed
4 eggs separated
1 tsp dried thyme
Salt and Pepper
- Grease 5 ramekins and preheat oven to 400.
- Grease pan and fry oyster mushrooms until browned. Add garlic and fry for 1-2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a pot melt butter. Add flour to melted butter and mix until crumbly. Over medium heat slowly whisk in milk until thickened and reduce heat to low. Quickly whisk in egg yolks, then add the cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat and mix in oyster mushrooms, thyme, pepper and salt.
- In a clean bowl whisk egg whites until stiff peaks are formed. Once stiff add egg whites into the flour/cheese batter.
- Divide between ramekins, filling 2-3 cm below the rim.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tip: Fry extra oyster mushrooms in garlic and serve on the side.
SHARE THIS RECIPE