This powerful soup is jam-packed full of immune boosting nutrition to bolster your defenses any time of year.
Spicy Coconut Lentil Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup finely diced green onions (white part only)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed + thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1-15 ounce can unsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 2 teaspoons THRIVE 6
- 1 lime, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium soup or stock pot heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, red bell pepper, carrots, coconut milk, vegetable broth and coconut aminos. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add lentils, baby spinach and Thrive 6 FreshCap mushroom powder. Simmer until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice and fresh cilantro
267 calories/30g carbs, 12g protein, 11g fat, 10g fiber, 57% Iron, 61% Folate
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Chef Teresa Hansen
Teresa Hansen is a Personal Chef & Nutritionist. Her educational background includes a Bachelor’s in Nutrition from Arizona State University and a diploma in Culinary Arts from Le Cordon Bleu. She has 8 years’ experience in the nutrition + culinary field and has appeared nationally on The List, news show debuting healthy recipes and cooking techniques.