The perfect anytime snack. Try these tasty energy balls powered by coconut, nuts, and Lion's Mane mushroom.
Recipe makes 25 balls.
- 1 cup raw unsalted almond
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 2/3 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 10 medjool dates, pitted (if dry, soak in warm water for 10 min to soften)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 4 tbs coconut butter
- 3 tbs raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 5 tsp lions mane powder
- In a food processor combine nuts and coconut, pulsing until you have an almond meal consistency. Add the remaining ingredients and process until it forms a doughy consistency.
- Using your hands, form balls to your desired size. I prefer a little over an inch in diameter. The dough will be a bit oily from the coconut but don’t worry, they will firm once chilled.
- If you would like to roll the balls in a little something extra, go ahead now. I like extra coconut, my husband likes hemp or sesame seeds. I also like a pinch of himalayan salt.
- Place balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Once chilled, they are ready to be stacked and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. They should keep for weeks chilled but they are so good no one will have the chance to find out. If freezing, let thaw for 10 minutes before biting in.
- Shown in this image is the coco ball topped with a dollop of coconut yogurt, cacao powder and sea salt flakes. But they are amazing plain.