This tasty breakfast treat is a perfect way to indulge on slow mornings and long weekends.
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 apple grated
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Electric Lion’s Mane powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Coconut oil for frying
- Maple syrup and fruit for serving
- Mix all ingredients well, the batter should be somewhat liquid- not firm.
- Let rest for 10 minutes so flour can absorb the liquid.
- Over medium heat on the stove, heat a pan and melt coconut oil. Pour a small amount of batter in the pan and spread to cover the bottom. Cook until browned and crisp on both sides (the more oil in the pan the more scrumptious and crisp they will be!).
- Remove from pan. Pour maple syrup over the top of the cake and roll into a tube. Top with fruit and maple syrup. Serve while hot and crisp.
Tip: The batter is meant to be quite runny (thinner than regular pancake batter and slightly thicker than crepe batter) in order to make thin and crispy cakes. If your batter seems too thick add more milk to achieve desired thinness of batter. To grate the apples I use a micro plane grater, this produces finely grated almost apple sauce. You can use a regular cheese grater, you will just have larger apple shreds.