It's breakfast. You want something that is tasty- but will also boost your immune system when you need it most.
These waffles might just be a perfect fit.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup mesquite flour (or protein powder)
- 2 Tbsp. ground chia + 1/4 cup water (chia egg, or use 2 eggs for my non-vegans)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp. SHIELD Turkey Tail Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. In a medium bowl, combine flours, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine chia with water (for the chia egg), until it starts to thicken.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
4. Pour about 3/4 cup at a time on waffle maker and cook 3-4 minutes on medium.
5. Use a fork to remove waffles as they're done, and repeat steps with remaining batter.
6. Serve with syrup of choice and all the toppings!
SHARE THIS RECIPE