It's like a warm bath on a cold day... for your brain! This tasty elixir is easy to make, and will give you the kick you need to crush the day.
Blood Orange Hot Chocolate
- ½ cup non dairy milk (coconut or almond)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon ELECTRIC mushroom powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Zest and juice of 1 blood orange, (1 teaspoon zest, 2 Tablespoons juice)
- ½ cup water
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Add all ingredients to a small soup pot and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Strain mixture and pour into a mug. Garnish with blood orange slices.
128 calories/21g carbs, 2g protein, 4g fat, 14g sugar, 3g fiber, 28% calcium
Chef's Notes: SoDelicous coconut milk was tested for this recipe. Any non-dairy milk can be substituted.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Chef Teresa Hansen
Teresa Hansen is a Personal Chef & Nutritionist. Her educational background includes a Bachelor’s in Nutrition from Arizona State University and a diploma in Culinary Arts from Le Cordon Bleu. She has 8 years’ experience in the nutrition + culinary field and has appeared nationally on The List, news show debuting healthy recipes and cooking techniques.