This energizing bar is an optimal breakfast on-the-go high in fiber and healthy fats to keep you feeling full.
High in magnesium which boosts energy levels in addition to increased stamina - with a little help from Cordyceps.
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup rolled oats, toasted
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons HERO Cordyceps Extract
- Add walnuts, oats, cranberries, hemp hearts, chia seeds, raw cacao powder and cocoa nibs to a food processor. Pulse about 30 – 45 seconds until mixture is ground into smaller bits.
- Add maple syrup, almond butter, sea salt and mushroom powder. Process mixture until thick dough forms and almond butter is fully mixed in
- Evenly press mixture into an 8 x 8 inch pan lined with parchment.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cut into 9 bars and keep refrigerated for up to one week or freeze for up to one month.
Chef’s Note: Toast walnuts + oats together on a sheet pan in the oven at 350 F for 8 minutes or until lightly golden. Toasting oats and nuts brings out more flavor!
Nutrition Facts per serving (serving size= 1 bar): 300 calories; 26g carbs, 8g protein, 18g fat, 6g fiber, 13g sugar, 370mg potassium
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Chef Teresa Hansen
Teresa Hansen is a Personal Chef & Nutritionist. Her educational background includes a Bachelor’s in Nutrition from Arizona State University and a diploma in Culinary Arts from Le Cordon Bleu. She has 8 years’ experience in the nutrition + culinary field and has appeared nationally on The List, news show debuting healthy recipes and cooking techniques.