You known that feeling when you take a bite of something sweet and delicous and your brain goes wild?
Well now you can reward your brain even more with this amazing gluten free brownie, boosted with nootropic lion's mane mushroom.
Lion's Mane Blondie Brownie
Bake Time: 20 minutes at 350 °F
Yield: 9 brownies
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon ELECTRIC Lion's Mane Mushroom powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (70% or higher), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, mushroom powder, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour and stir to fully combine. Fold in dark chocolate pieces to brownie batter.
- Evenly spread batter into baking pan and bake at 350 F for 20-22 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and cool. Cut into 9 squares and serve
Nutrition Facts (1 brownie)
230 calories; 28g carbs, 3g protein, 12g fat, 16g sugar
Chef Teresa Hansen
Teresa Hansen is a Personal Chef & Nutritionist. Her educational background includes a Bachelor’s in Nutrition from Arizona State University and a diploma in Culinary Arts from Le Cordon Bleu. She has 8 years’ experience in the nutrition + culinary field and has appeared nationally on The List, news show debuting healthy recipes and cooking techniques.
SHARE THIS RECIPE