Looking for new ways to electrify your salad? Check out this brain boosting Lion's Mane dressing on Asian Kale Salad.
Electric Dressing on Kale Salad
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems
- removed + thinly sliced (about 5-6 cups)
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 large carrot, spiralized or about
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Sesame Shroom Dressing
- 2 tablespoons avocado or
- coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ELECTRIC Lion's Mane Extract Powder
- 1 lime juiced, (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix together kale, cabbage, edamame, carrots and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil and mushroom powder until powder dissolves. Whisk in remaining ingredients; lime juice, coconut aminos and honey until oil is fully combined, about 30-45 seconds.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Portion into 4 servings and eat immediately.
Chef’s notes: Lacinato kale also known as Tuscan or black kale was tested for this recipe. Substitute green curly kale if needed.
245 calories/28g carbs, 10g protein 18g fat,13g fiber, 1350mg potassium, 45% calcium, 100% iron, 50% Vitamin A 47% Vitamin B6
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Chef Teresa Hansen
Teresa Hansen is a Personal Chef & Nutritionist. Her educational background includes a Bachelor’s in Nutrition from Arizona State University and a diploma in Culinary Arts from Le Cordon Bleu. She has 8 years’ experience in the nutrition + culinary field and has appeared nationally on The List, news show debuting healthy recipes and cooking techniques.